Friday, April 19, 2013

The First Meeting


In 1986, I was in the Air Force heading back on TDY orders from Denver Colorado to my home at Cannon AFB, NM.  I was traveling on Hwy 120 (Map of road), that connects I-25 and Hwy 39, on a section of road that snakes through a canyon.  It was late at night and I was having a difficult time staying awake.  All I could think about was getting home.  At one point, I thought I saw a car overturned by the side of the road, but I wasn’t sure and kept on driving.  It kept playing on my mind that it might actually be an accident so I turned around to investigate.  In fact, it was an overturned car--I was no longer tired as my adrenaline started pumping knowing that there might be occupants in the car, either dead or seriously injured.  This is a very desolate and dark road with absolutely no traffic and at a time before cell phones...so it was just me to help, if I could.  As I looked into the small car, which was heavily damaged, I noticed three individuals.  I asked if everyone was OK and I got a very raspy response from the driver which I could not understand.  I couldn’t get the doors opened.  I went back to my car and got my tire iron out and used it to pry open the doors.  Two men got out and they helped drag the third passenger out, which appeared to be dead.  As I looked at them I thought it was strange that they had no facial hair, not even eyebrows and their eyes were very dark.  They were a little shorter than I was...about 5’ 7”, but very stout, in a muscular way.  The driver grabbed the tire iron from my hands, popped the trunk open and retrieved a short rod.  The other front seat passenger looked like he had a very serious leg injury with what appeared to be bone protruding from his torn pants.  He hobbled about and picked up the third unconscious or dead passenger in a hug type grasp.  The driver extended the rod he had retrieved from the trunk and a fountain like light enveloped them.  I stood in shock watching as everything seemed surreal.  At this point, the two men seemed to be arguing as the driver pulled something from a small bag he had around his shoulder.  The fountain of light disappeared and he lunged at me with what appeared to be some type of small gun or knife.  He grabbed my arm, which I jerked away, but then he stabbed me in the left rib.  The pain was intense and an electric shock sent me into a type of daze.  I opened my eyes just in time to see the three individuals disappear in the fountain of light provided by the rod.  I looked at the my side.  My shirt was torn and there was a small cut in my left side.  I layed there for about 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do and think about the experience.  I decided I would drive to the next town and let the police know what happened.  But as I approached the small town of Roy I did not see a police station and by that time I thought no one would believe my story anyway, so I just went on home to Cannon AFB.  The small stab wound healed quickly.  I never told anyone of my experience, but I thought about it almost everyday.  Then...

No comments:

Post a Comment